Last week party members of the Bay of Quinte received notification from Conservative Party of Canada's Executive Director Janet Dorey. This notice was to advise us of the process for the Conservative Party of Canada nomination contest in the Electoral District of Bay of Quinte.
The process is as follows:
Voting will be conducted online or by telephone.
To vote in this nomination election, EACH MEMBER will be required to have completed the following:
- Ensure you have provided us with an e-mail address not shared with any other member outside your household.
- Example - parent and child at the SAME household CAN have the same e-mail address.
- Uncle and nephew living at DIFFERENT address CANNOT have the same e-mail address
- If you are receiving this notice via e-mail you should NOT register a new e-mail address.
- Members needing to add an e-mail address should send an e-mail with FULL name AND residential address to: [email protected]
- E-mail address must have been provided by November 25, 2020, 9:00pm.
- Beginning November 27, 2020, members received a secure link that was sent to their e-mail address that was provided.
- From that secure site members must have uploaded a photo(s) or scan(s) of their proof of identification and eligibility:
- One original piece of identification issued by a Canadian federal, provincial, or territorial government agency containing the member’s photograph, name, and address,
- Two original pieces of identification, which contain the member’s name, one of which contains the member’s photograph and one of which contains the member’s address. (See page two for examples.)
- The deadline to upload the required ID was November 29, 2020, 9:00pm.
Please take care to ensure your ID is clear and legible. We MUST have BOTH photo ID AND proof of ADDRESS. (See recommendations below).
When your ID is accepted, your e-mail will be added to the voters list, and you will be issued a Personal Identification Number or PIN to your confirmed e-mail address. If your ID is not accepted, you will have ONE additional opportunity to meet ID requirements.
Voting PINS may be received earlier than 9am on December 12th. Please refrain from voting till the voting officially begins.
Voting will begin on December 12, 2020 at 9:00am.
Voting will close on December 13, 2020, 9:00pm.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these challenging times.